On 20 August 2020, the Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) announced that, given the ongoing economic and health crisis throughout the USA, the ASC Annual Convention & Expo scheduled for 4 – 6 November 2020 is being moved to a 100 % virtual event.
“The safety and health of our participants and staff is our top priority, and with Covid-19 still widespread, virtual events are the best option for ASC to bring the industry together in 2020,” said Bill Allmond, ASC’s President. “This decision allows us to move forward with organizing a unique, online experience that maintains valuable networking and educational offerings for which the ASC Convention and Expo is well known by our membership and industry,” he said.
This new Virtual format will feature:
- Interactive Education:
– Live Video Keynotes
– 40+ Educational Breakout Sessions (similar to webinars, including live Q&A and presentatio downloads for maximum learning)
- Interactive Networking:
– Real-time chat
– Discussion forums
– Integrated 1:1 video meetings
- Interactive Adhesive Science Short Course:
– Live Video Training for technical experts
– Live Q&A and presentation downloads for maximum learning
- Interactive Expo Tradeshow (all three days of the virtual conference):
– Visit virtual exhibitor booths to access the latest innovations, products and services in the industry
– View videos, product collateral and company contact information for each exhibitor
– Setup a real-time chat meeting and/or 1:1 video meeting with company reps
The Adhesive Science Short Course, previously scheduled for 4 – 5 November 2020 during the onsite convention, is now being held virtually Monday through Wednesday, 2 – 4 November 2020. This is prior to the virtual Convention being held Wednesday through Friday the same week. Attendees will be able to participate virtually in multiple interactive opportunities throughout the week, including live interaction with speakers in educational sessions and with fellow attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors in the ASC Expo, which is being expanded to three days to allow for additional networking. The conference schedule and instructions on how to access the virtual platform will be announced soon, said the ASC. Registration is now open.
The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) is a North American trade association dedicated to representing the adhesive and sealant industry. The Council is comprised of 115 adhesive and sealant manufacturers, raw material and equipment suppliers, distributors and industry consultants, representing more than 75 % of the US industry with operations around the world.