The Turkish Plastics Industry Foundation (PAGEV) held its 30th ordinary general assembly where its President, Vice-President and three new members of the Board of Directors were elected. The incumbent president Yavuz Eroğlu was re-elected unanimously as the only candidate.
Eroğlu emphasised unity in his speech at the general assembly, saying, “Our priority at PAGEV is to help advance our industry by removing obstacles to growth. Throughout my presidency, the Board of Directors and I kept this at the top of our agenda. Moving forward, we will strive to help our industry grow and eliminate setbacks we have on a macroeconomic level. I am well aware of the responsibility my colleagues and I have undertaken with our unanimous election in what happened to be the largest turnout to an election in the 30 years of PAGEV.”
“First and foremost, we intend to dispel the myth that plastic is an enemy of the environment. We will not allow unscientific arguments to destroy our nature and economy. At PAGEV, we will put even greater effort into recycling in 2020, and take additional steps towards building a recycling economy in Turkey. We will educate the society about what plastics bring to our life. We know that plastics are far from being a threat to nature: they are capable of being recycled and reused over and over, becoming worth their weight in gold. We will continue the ‘Plastics have a great place in life but no place in nature’ campaign that launched nationwide on TV, radio and digital platforms on December 3, 2019, and extend our outreach,” Eroğlu said.
The PAGEV Board of Directors now comprises the following members:
- Yavuz Eroğlu – Sem Plastik San. Ve Tic. A.Ş. (President)
- Ahmet Meriç – Former Makine A.Ş. (Senior Vice President)
- Abdullah Karatepe – Öznar Plastik LTD. ŞTİ. (Member)
- İsmail Eren Ünlü – Akümsan Plastik Ürrünleri San. Tic. A.Ş. (Member)
- Yavuz Biçer – SPS Senur Plastik Sistemleri San. Ve Tic. A.Ş. (Member)
- Yusuf Pala – Akay Stand Ltd. (Deputy Member)
- Abdurrahim Bekgöz – Huzur Plastik A.Ş. (Deputy Member)
- Bengi Karabolat Cengiz – Meltem Makine Ltd. (Deputy Member)