Introduced in 1984 for automotive constant velocity joint (CVJ) outboard boots, Hytrel TPC-ET is a standard material for the production of these parts. Now DuPont has developed Hytrel HTR8745 BK320, a new grade for blow moulding of CVJ inboard boots.
The new grade is said to provide multiple benefits that include:
- Improved processing (press blow molding, injection blow molding) with low die swell and better parison stability
- Good thermal resistance up to 140 °C
- Flex-fatigue resistance for long boot life
- Abrasion resistance for high-angle installation with compact boot designs
- Tear resistance for protection from road debris
- Stiffness to resist ballooning
- Low grease permeation for extended joint life
The Hytrel brand belongs to DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers, a newly formed business segment within DowDuPont’s Specialty Products Division.